(Effective as of 1 January 2015)
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) that you provide to EmbarrassingTv.com:
How does EmbarrassingTv.com use PII?
Our primary goal in collecting PII is to provide you, the user, with a customized experience on our network of sites. This includes personalization services, interactive communications, online shopping and many other types of services, most of which are completely free to you.
EmbarrassingTv.com uses the PII you provide to us in several ways. Some examples are:
A user’s PII may be used by EmbarrassingTv.com for editorial purposes such as to contact you as part of an online survey. Additionally, we may also use the information provided by you to: 1) contact you with legal notices, 2) to advise you of any material changes or additions to our Service or terms and conditions, 3) account status (including confirmation of subscription of donation) and/or 4) if required we reserve the right to send you offers and information about EmbarrassingTv.com, Bogan Media, Inc.,, and its affiliates. However, if you do not wish to receive the foregoing, please contact us to request removal from this list.
Further, if you told us in your account preferences that you would be interested in receiving e-mail from us, we may send you e-mails about EmbarrassingTv.com products, promotions, or services as well as on behalf of other companies. However, if you no longer wish to receive any of the foregoing, you may change your preferences for the future at any time by clicking on the following to contact us.
EmbarrassingTv.com displays advertisements and delivers targeted advertisements on behalf of advertisers. Advertisers give us an advertisement and tell us the type of audience they want to reach (for example, males 18- 25 years old). We take the advertisement and display it to users meeting that criteria. In this process, the advertiser never has access to individual account information.
EmbarrassingTv.com also does research on our users’ demographics, interests and behavior based on the information you provide to us including upon subscription, on order forms, during a promotion, as well as from our server log files or from surveys. We do this to better understand and serve our users. This research is compiled and analyzed on an aggregated basis and EmbarrassingTv.com may share this aggregated data with advertisers or other businesses. In addition, under confidentiality agreements, EmbarrassingTv.com may match user information with third party data.
Do other companies or people have access to PII provided to EmbarrassingTv.com?
When you are on an area of EmbarrassingTv.com and are asked for PII, you are providing that information to EmbarrassingTv.com, Bogan Media, Inc., Inc., its divisions or affiliates, or vendors providing contractual services for EmbarrassingTv.com (such as hosting vendors and list managers). If PII is being provided to and/or maintained by any company other than these, our policy is that we will not transfer that PII unless notice is given prior to transfer. If you do not want your information to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular service or by expressing this preference, if requested. See below for additional information about PII:
Promotions that run on EmbarrassingTv.com may be sponsored by companies other than EmbarrassingTv.com or Bogan Media, Inc., or may be co-sponsored by EmbarrassingTv.com, and/or Bogan Media, Inc., and another company. Some or all PII provided by you during a promotion may be shared with the sponsor. If information will be shared, we will disclose such sharing prior to the transfer. You can decide not to participate in the promotion if you don’t want your PII to be shared. In certain circumstances, you may not be able to participate in a particular promotion if you chose not to share PII. Currently, most EmbarrassingTv.com promotions are limited to U.S. or North America resident.
Advertisers and Links:
We do not control the privacy policies of our advertisers, sponsors or other sites or businesses to which we provide hyperlinks or access. Please visit the sites of these businesses to review their privacy policies.
EmbarrassingTv.com users should also be aware that, when you voluntarily disclose personal information in chat areas or bulletin boards, that information may be collected by others and may result in unsolicited messages from others.
We have in place physical, electronic, and executive procedures to protect the information we collect online. However, as effective as these measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the internet.
What information is collected by web servers?
What are cookies and how does EmbarrassingTv.com use them?
How Could I Opt-Out of Online Advertising Cookies?
Often our advertisers contract with a third-party service to host their ads. In this case, an ad serving vendor contacts the advertisers’ hosting service for a particular advertisement. In that case, an independent cookie may be used by the third-party service. We do not have a mechanism to allow visitors to opt-out of cookies from vendors with whom we do not have a contractual relationship.
Kids under 14: Do not send any information about yourself to us – including information like your name, address or e-mail address. In general, we do not knowingly collect PII from children under 14. If, in limited circumstances, we do knowingly collect PII from a child under the age of 14, we will do so only with verified parental consent prior to collection. In the event that we learn that we have collected any PII from a child under the age of 14 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible.
MEMBER PROFILES GUIDELINES
Please remember that you post content on EmbarrassingTv.com at your own risk. While we may attempt to allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your Profile, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our site. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your Profile or any other information about you. We cannot and do not guarantee that content you post on EmbarrassingTv.com will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Finally, please keep in mind that even after removal, copies of any content or information you have submitted to EmbarrassingTv.com may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or if other users have copied or stored your Profile information.
USER DISCUSSION AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
We invite you to submit your videos, photos, articles, and comments in certain areas of our website. It is our hope that you’ll take full advantage of the opportunity to contribute to these interactive forums and share your original content with our community. In order to keep these interactive forums enjoyable and interesting for all our users, we ask that you follow the rules outlined below.
By submitting content, you are consenting to the following guidelines:
- You agree not to submit inappropriate content. Inappropriate content includes any content that: infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any person is libelous or defamatory is obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit violates a person’s right to privacy violates any local, state, national, or international law contains or advocates illegal or violent acts degrades others on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, class, ethnicity, sexual preference, disability, color, or other classification is predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass contains advertising or solicitation of any kind misrepresents your identity or affiliation impersonates others
- You agree that you are fully responsible for the content that you submit. You will promptly remove any content that you have posted should you discover that it violates these rules or that it is otherwise inappropriate. You will indemnify EmbarrassingTv.com, Bogan Media, Inc., and its and affiliates, their directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors, from and against losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to content you have posted.
- You understand and agree that EmbarrassingTv.com, or Bogan Media, Inc., are not responsible for any user submitted content. You further understand that we have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor submissions and we may remove content that we deem inappropriate for any reason without consent. We further reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to remove a user’s privilege to post content on our site.
- You certify that you are at least 14 years of age. If you are under the age of 14, please do not submit any content to us. If you are under the age of 18 but at least 14 years of age, you may submit content only with the permission of, and under the supervision of, a parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to these rules for the benefit of an individual between the ages of 14 and 18, please be advised that you are fully responsible for their submissions and any legal liability that they may incur.
- You certify that you have the permission of others who have contributed to or are featured in any content that you submit. If there are any individuals under the age of 18 in any photos, video, or other content that you submit, you must obtain the permission of each such individual’s parent or legal guardian prior to submitting the content.
- You acknowledge and agree any use and/or reliance on any information obtained through the interactive forums at your own risk. We are not in any manner endorsing the content of the interactive forums and cannot and will not vouch for its reliability.
- For any content that you submit, you give us permission to use such content. You hereby grant to com and Bogan Media, Inc., a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, exclusive, and fully sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, incorporate into other works, distribute, perform, display, and otherwise exploit such content, in whole or in part in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.